Monday, December 1, 2014

smudge


Almost exactly twelve years ago we rescued this sweet little girl who fell asleep in my lap and has been the best dog ever since then. Because we didn't have much money she was our Christmas present to each other the first year we were married. Today we got some bad news about this sweet little girl. She's old. She's a dog. I knew it was coming because the way she'd been acting. When they told me it was a uti a couple weeks ago, I hoped, but also doubted, it was that simple. She's home with us for now. We'll spend the next few days, maybe weeks, saying goodbye. The next time we take her to the vet, she won't be coming home with us. But talk about opening up a can of worms. I don't think I've cried like this since Emmett. It's going to be another hard month here.

4 comments:

  1. Smudge! :( Wendy, that is a huge can of worms. Goodness. Seriously the best dog ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wendy, i am so sorry. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no. I am so sorry, Wendy. Smudge really is the best dog ever. I will be praying for you and Q as you say goodbye.

    ReplyDelete